If you think you may have the symptoms of Covid 19 (a new continuous cough, high temperature or a change in taste and smell) please follow the steps below:

  • Let the DIGS Team know - raise a ticket at http://support.digstudent.co.uk/support/home It is vital that you do this so that we can offer you the support that you need and so that we can protect staff and students who may be vulnerable or at risk. If you are unsure how to raise a ticket on the portal, more information is available here
  • Get a test - to check if you have coronavirus as soon as possible. You can request a test here.
  • Stay at home - You and anyone you live with should stay at home and not have visitors until you get your test result - only leave your home to have a test. 
  • Let the University know - Contact the university and inform them of the situation, the university can support you as long as they are made aware. You can report this to them here https://www.hud.ac.uk/important-update/ 

Once you have notified us that you are self-isolating, we will be able to support you during this time and provide you with essential services, more information on this can be found here 

After you have notified your site team, we would recommend that you let your flat mates know that you are self-isolating. We will also send your flat mates an email in case you have not had the opportunity to let them know.

Finally – try not to panic! For most people Coronavirus is just a mild illness, and whilst we can appreciate that it is worrying and that it will be difficult to stay in your room for 10 days, we will be here to support you every step of the way. If you are feeling anxious during self-isolation, then please get in touch with us so that we can signpost you to the necessary support services.