We expect all areas of the flat to be returned to us clean, and without any damage. If you are departing the accommodation early, and prior to your flat mates, we understand that some of their belongings may still be in the communal areas, however please ensure that this area is clean and tidy, and does not have any damage.
Particular points to note when preparing for departure are:
- Remove all rubbish
- Posters, stickers, decorations, and blu-tac should be removed from all surfaces and not leave any marks
- Ensure all surfaces, cupboards, mirrors and carpets have been cleaned and/or vacuumed
- Remove all cleaning materials and personal toiletries from the shower room and dispose of them should you not wish to take them with you.
- Please take all pots, pans, cooking utensils, crockery and cutlery home with you.
- Remove your chilled and frozen foods from the fridge and freezer and dispose of in the external refuse store. (please do not switch off your fridge/freezers)
- Dry foods and drinks are to be taken home or must be disposed of in the external refuse store.
- All kitchen appliances should be cleaned, surfaces polished, carpets cleaned and the apartment free of any rubbish.
- Your shower curtain is washable, please remove, launder and rehang prior to the inspection taking place.
- Ensure all items within your bedroom and communal areas are in the same place you found them when you checked into the accommodation. Missing items will be charged accordingly
In the event that we do unfortuantely find any damage within the flat not stated on the inventory, a charge will be applied for the repair or replacement of that item. We try to be fair as possible with regards to applying charges, however we want to ensure that the site is kept to the best standard ready for our tenants moving in every year.