It is important to stay safe when out and about, especially late at night. We recommend following the advice below to help keep you and your friends safe:
- Look out for your friends, everyone has different tolerances to alcohol.
- Be wary of accepting drinks from strangers.
- Don’t leave your drinks unattended.
- Look into your university’s Safe Taxi Scheme. The University of Huddersfield have a scheme which means you can get a taxi even if you have lost your purse. All you need to do is show them your ID, provide your details, and you can pay for the taxi the next day through the SU.
- Don’t be afraid to ring 999 in an emergency.