We know that as part of being a student you may wish to go to evening events but make sure you stay safe whilst you are having fun!
- Look out for your friends, everyone has different tolerances to alcohol.
- Pace yourself when out drinking, enjoy your night.
- Be wary of accepting drinks from people you don't know.
- Keep your drink with you at all times. Don’t be the person who gets their drink spiked!
- Plan how you are getting home, preferably in a group using a licensed taxi. The Uni SU has a safe taxi policy, this is with A1, G1 and X service taxis, these services guarantee a fairly priced and safe service and to drop you at reception at Storthes Hall Park. If you have lost your wallet, you can still use the service just show the driver your university ID and you will be able to pay at the SU the next day.
- Don't walk home alone if you can possibly avoid it - either book a taxi or walk with a friend or group of friends.
- Don’t be afraid to ring 999 in an emergency situation