We know that University can be tough. Please, do not suffer in silence. 

There are people at Storthes Hall Park you can confidentially talk to if you need any support or if you are struggling. We can direct you to one of the support providers at the University, making sure your needs will be addressed appropriately. 

Please, ask for Pat at reception if you are looking for any advice or if you simply want to talk to someone who can listen. 

If you don't feel like talking to someone but want to make little changes on your own, make sure you are getting plenty of sleep, try getting out for a little walk around Storthes Hall and make sure you have eaten a good balanced meal that day. 

There are also some signs to look out for if you think one of your friends or flatmates might be struggling:

  • Changes in socialising
  • Changes in personality or behaviour
  • Increased alcohol or drug use
  • Changes in eating and sleeping 
  • Signs of (self-inflicted) physical harm

If you think another student is struggling let them know you are there for them and explain to them that there are people who can help. 

Point them in the direction of Pat or the University well-being team (who you can get an appointment with through the University I-point).

If you or someone you know are not ready to talk to someone in person, the Samaritans are available to talk to 24 hours a day 7 days a week on 116 123 or Big White Wall is a really helpful online resource for talking about mental health https://www.bigwhitewall.com/v2/Home.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2f

Just remember you would seek help for a physical ailment so do the same for mental health difficulties.