Although we’ll be very sad to see you go, we understand that sometimes circumstances change. Our cancellation terms outside of our standard cancellation deadlines are as follows:
- You will need to notify us that you intend to cancel, please do this via email or bring a letter into the accommodation office. We can not begin the cancellation process over the telephone.
- You will be responsible for finding someone else to take over your tenancy and you will be responsible for paying your tenancy fees until a replacement has been found, they have paid their deposit and moved into the property. Please be aware that the replacement cannot be already be a resident with us.
- If the building is already full when you notify us that you’d like to cancel, we may have people on a waiting list to move into the property. If this is the case we will notify you as soon as we have found a replacement. Please note that this isn’t guaranteed and shouldn’t be relied on.
- If you have under paid we will require you to top up your accommodation fees to the date the new tenant took over. Likewise, if you’ve over paid we will reimburse any monies due up to two weeks after your official end date.
- If you do not manage to find a replacement tenant and are struggling financially please get in touch with the Accommodation Office to enquire about a payment plan. Whilst this needs to be paid by the end of the tenancy it can help split the payment into more manageable monthly chunks.
If you feel that your situation falls under exceptional circumstances, meaning you need to be released from your tenancy urgently we will require supporting evidence for this. Any evidence that you have should be sent to the accommodation team via email as we can not discuss exceptional circumstances for cancellations over the telephone. Once we have received your request it is then passed on to our senior management team and every request will be looked at on a case by case basis.