Although we will be very sad to see you go, we understand that sometimes circumstances change. Our cancellation terms are as follows:
- You will need to notify us in writing that you intend to cancel; please do this via email or bring a letter into the accommodation office.
- You will be responsible for finding someone else to take over your tenancy. Therefore, you will be responsible for paying your tenancy fees until a replacement has been found. Once the replacement tenant has paid their deposit and booking fee, and after they have moved in, you will then no longer be liable for the payments.
- If we are fully booked when you notify us that you would like to cancel, we may have a waiting list of students wanting to move into The Pinnacles. If this is the case, we will notify you as soon as we have found a replacement. Please note that this isn’t guaranteed and shouldn’t be relied upon.
- Once a suitable tenant has been found to take over your contract, we will take your £150 deposit as a cancellation fee and issue you with a re-let agreement. This needs to be signed and returned to the accommodation office so that we can complete the transfer.
- If you have underpaid, we will require you to top up your accommodation fees until the date the new tenant has agreed to start the contract. However, if you are owed any money due to moving out early, we will reimburse you via the account you provided; you should expect to receive this within 10 working days from your tenancy end date.
If you feel the situation falls under exceptional circumstances, meaning you need to be released from your tenancy urgently, we will require supporting evidence for this. Any evidence you have should be sent to the accommodation team via email. Once we have received your request, it is then passed on to our senior management team who will determine the outcome based on your case.